With an individualised care plan, our staff are responsive to needs and provide the appropriate degree of care with sensitivity to assure the highest possible quality of life, physically, mentally, socially and spiritually.
In our day to day life, we have adopted the practice of person centred care approach to deliver our service, following this VIPS framework:
- V aluing – unconditional valuing of the person regardless of their illness
- I ndividualised – treating the person as an individual
- P erspective – looking at the world from the person’s perspective
- S upportive – providing a positive social environment in which a person can experience well-being
- 24 hour individual care by qualified and experienced staff, with a dedicated key worker system
- Optician, Dentist, GPs, Community Health Service, District Nursing
- Services of Community Psychiatric Nurse and Chiropodist.
- Varied and balanced menus to chose from
- First class accommodation for the elderly
- Choice of single, shared and en-suite rooms
- 24 hour call bell systems in all rooms, including toilets and bathrooms.
- Standard fittings include lifts, bath hoists, stair lifts and wheelchair access
- Laundry service
- Private visiting facilities and the use of a private cordless phone
- Visiting hairdresser
- Encouragement and means for privacy, independence and pursuit of hobbies
- Events and Activities
- Religious Services of choice
- Outside space
- Delivery of newspapers and magazines.
- Car parking